Have you ever entertained the idea of prospecting for gold?
If so, are you aware of the time and resources needed to recover gold successfully?
- While gold can be found in almost every state in the Union, most of it is so small it is invisible to the naked eye, making it even harder to find and recover.
- One hundred years ago, gold was worth about $18/oz. Today it is worth over $1900/oz.
- Gold, as a vehicle of wealth, has carried value for thousands of years. Paper currency, on the other hand, depends on the faith and good will of the issuing nation. I recall seeing news stories where impoverished citizens after WWII offering a wheelbarrow of currency to buy a single loaf of bread.
- Placer gold is not, however, an attractive vehicle for investing, but it will almost certainly always have value.
So, let’s say you want to become a gold prospector and get some of that free money that’s just lying around, waiting to be picked up off the ground…
- A legally filed claim if you live West of the Mississippi River, and/or permission to prospect on someone else's land. (There is very little “Public Land” East of the Mississippi and the land not owned by the government is owned by private citizens – hence you need their permission to prospect)
- The right equipment: Picks, shovels, gold pans, sluices, highbankers, snuffer bottles, buckets, water pumps, and hoses. As a general rule, if you want to find a lot of gold, you need to move a lot of dirt.
- A reliable vehicle to haul all your stuff in and out of the field. I prefer a 4x4 truck.
- Proper clothing for working in a hot/cold/wet/dry environment, and plenty of gloves.
- Lots of time to take mineral samples from lots of different areas until you begin finding "color."
- To stay in shape! You’ll be hauling, toting, dragging, pushing and pulling cumbersome equipment, in addition to walking, scrambling over rocks and through mud, up and down hills and mountains... All the while keeping a sharp eye out for the telltale signs indicating the presence of gold.
- A good friend is also an absolute necessity.
- A steady income and/or significant financial reserves…to keep up with expenses. Consider it like starting a small business.
- Beware: there are plenty of people trying to mine the miners with whizbang gadgets and the latest guaranteed gizmo that will get all the gold, all the time! Go slow in accumulating your arsenal of mining equipment. In my opinion you can’t go wrong with a Gold Cube with the battery powered trommel attachment. Likewise, any of Gold Hog’s sluices are an excellent choice – especially the Multi Sluice.
- A working knowledge of geology is helpful. At the very least, you’ll need to know what gold looks like and what types of earth present the best chance for recovering gold.
- To know how to pan for gold, no matter how big or small your operation is. It all begins and ends…with a gold pan.
So, back to our premise… I don’t know about you, but the older I get, the more I don’t mind letting someone else do the grunt work… That way, all I have to do is…pan for gold!
I love panning for gold! But I'm not crazy about doing all the grunt work necessary to be a prospector. I love the fact that I can have my own Eureka moment of discovery in the privacy of my own home without having to worry about all those cumbersome and expensive requirements listed above.
All I need is a gold pan and a tub of water. While there are small accessories that make the process more efficient, the only other thing I really need is gold paydirt.
That is where iPan4Gold comes in. We scour the placer gold market to buy gold as cheaply as we can. Then we mix that gold with a unique blend of crushed quartz and beach sands from Alaska.
Our paydirt is guaranteed to include not less than the amount advertised.
We offer a 100%, 60-day guarantee.
If you decide gold panning isn’t for you, we’ll even buy back your gold at the same rate we pay our suppliers.
So, your risk is minimal, and it could be the beginning of a new hobby. Who knows, you may even decide to start working on the list above after all!
Take a look at our online store and take a look at some of the best gold paydirt on the market.
What’s in your pan? I hope it's iPan4Gold